How to Make Windows 10 So Lightweight. Having a computer with a fast Windows 10 OS is indeed the dream of all users. But first, you have to make Windows 10 light. This means that we have to do some tricks to make it light. So the performance is fast.
The following is a way to make your Windows 10 computer even faster without a hardware upgrade. The method that we will provide here, can be done easily. You don’t have to be a programmer to do it
How to Make Windows 10 So Lightweight
Turn off unnecessary Background Apps
The goal is to reduce the workload of your computer’s CPU and RAM. Usually, these apps run on the Windows 10 background that we use. How to see the following:
- Open the Start Menu then search for and launch the program called Choose which apps can run in the background.
- Turn off Background Apps by setting it to Off. This will disable all background programs, generally built-in programs, and universal apps.
You can still choose which programs remain active and which are turned off.
Reducing visual effects
Animation effects do improve the user experience but make the GPU and CPU work extra. You can turn off some visual effects that don’t have a significant function to free up space for the system.
- Look for the program View advanced system settings on the Start Menu.
- Then look at the Performance section, and click Settings.
- Select Adjust for best performance then OK.
You can still choose which visual effects will still be operated by selecting Custom. Our advice if it’s not needed, disable everything.
Disables the Fluent Design transparency effect
Visual effects such as transparency in Windows 10 actually don’t have a significant impact. It’s better if this feature is turned off, how to:
- Right-click on the desktop, then select Personalize.
- Go to the Colors menu, then set the Transparency effects to Off.
Fragmentation on HDD can make the system work longer when working on a command. Windows 10 is equipped with built-in to defragment software that you can try. Meanwhile, if you use an SSD, you don’t need a defrag.
- Search for Defragment and Optimize Drives via the Start Menu then run the program.
- Select which hard disk partitions you want to defrag, then click Analyze all.
- After the analysis process is complete, click Optimize all to start the defrag process. The length of this work varies but usually takes several hours.
Stop unnecessary services
Third-party software intentionally embeds Services programs in the background system which functions for updates, maintenance, and more. If you don’t really need it, you should just turn it off.
- Open the Start Menu, then look for System Configuration.
- After that, click the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services. Now, remove the tick from other software that you don’t want its presence. When finished, click OK.
Reduce the number of startup programs
Startup programs don’t just appear when the computer is just starting up, they usually keep running after that. This type of program eats up a large enough portion of RAM that it burdens other programs.
- Run the Task Manager, you can use the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC shortcut.
- Go to the Startup tab, select the startup program you want to stop, then click Disable.
- If you get a message to restart, please restart your computer to immediately feel the effect.
Turn on Ultimate Performance mode
Apart from High Performance, Windows 10 has an even higher level, namely Ultimate Performance. You have to activate this option manually, and it only applies to desktop computers, not laptops or notebooks.
- Run Command Prompt.
- Copy the following code then paste it into the Command Prompt window. Press Enter, after that wait a few moments to process the command.
- Next, look for Power & sleep settings.
- In Related settings, click Additional power settings.
- Select Ultimate Performance to activate it immediately.
Keep in mind that this method does significantly improve Windows 10 performance, but the energy consumption is also greater. So, use it wisely.
Clean junk files that are no longer used
With use, Windows 10 will accumulate junk files that are no longer needed and are not that important. Removing junk files can add space to the system.
- Through the Start Menu, look for Disk Cleanup.
- Select the drive where Windows 10 is installed (usually C:), then click OK.
- After that, select which files you want to clean. Click OK, then Delete Files to delete them.
Eliminate malware with Windows Defender
Malware usually hides inside other programs. Its presence can be detrimental to users, ranging from consuming resources to stealing user data. This malicious program must immediately deleted.
- Open the System Tray menu, then double-click on the Windows Defender icon.
- Once open, select Virus & threat protection.
- In some cases, the Periodic scanning feature in Windows Defender is not active, you can turn it on again by selecting On.
- Click Scan now to start scanning the file.
After the scanning process is complete, Windows Defender will notify you if a malicious program contains malware or a virus.
Turn off all animations
Yyou can immediately turn off all animated elements in Windows 10 with one click. This method will reduce GPU load especially when processing animations.
- Click Start then type animations.
- Run the Show animations in the Windows program.
- In the Show animations in Windows section, select Off.
How to Make Windows 10 So Lightweight
That’s all for our article this time, I hope the tips we provide can help you. Apart from that, what if the computer equipment that we have is weak due to age or usage. We recommend that you change the device or use a low version of Windows OS.