How to Update Google Play Services on Android, For anyone who now uses an Android mobile smart device, will certainly be familiar with the term Google Play Services. Usually, this is the term that sometimes makes them worry when they have problems because it can cause the application to crash.
But what exactly are Google Play services? Google Play Services is an application that will run when we open the application. This app is installed by default on all android devices.
So, you don’t need to download or install Google Play Services because it’s already on your Android smartphone. In addition, this application will also regularly perform updates whose purpose is none other than to improve performance and increasingly provide the best service for Android users.
Google Play services also require quite a lot of permissions, such as accessing sensitive data, SMS, as well as access all information that is a Google application. You have to pay attention to this.
Both Google Play services and the android system are two things that are interconnected. So, you can’t separate or ignore Google Play Services. This means that you have to keep control over whether Google Play services are working properly.
How to Update Google Play Services on Android
- Go to the Settings menu on your cellphone. Then select Apps & notifications.
- After that select See all apps.
- Scroll down and look for an app called Google Play services.
- After that scroll down and select App details.
- If your Google Play service has not been updated, an Update will appear later. Meanwhile, if your device is in the latest version status, then the word Update will not appear.
Google Play Service APK Download Latest Version
In addition to the above method, there is one more way to update the Google Play Store on Android, namely by using the installation file and it can be done offline.
- To update Google Play services, you can also download the latest version via the link we have prepared at the end of the article.
- If you get a notification like this in your browser, just select OK.
- Wait for the download process to complete. Then install the APK file as usual. If you don’t know how to install the APK file, you can check the full details here.
Google Play Services Functions
After you understand the meaning of Google Play services. Now you should also know about what functions it contains and whether this service is really that important.
One of the uses of Google Play Service is that users can use the latest version of the application without waiting for an update from the Android operating system. That is, when you want to update an application, then you just have to go to the Play Store and immediately update.
You do not need to have to update your operating system to be able to update the application you want. In addition, Google Play Services also provides other components such as Google Services authentication, contact synchronization, as well as access to all personal settings.
One example is Google Maps. Before the arrival of Google Play Services, when you wanted to update Google Maps, then you had to wait for an update to your Android operating system. If not, then you definitely can’t update.